Refer a student for scholarships and discounts
Know a student who would make an excellent Cardinal? Your referred undergraduate students will receive a $1,000, four-year renewable scholarship. We also have special referral programs for our master's in education and accelerated track nursing programs.
3 Ways to Refer a Student
Jewell Alumni Referral Program and Scholarship
When students you refer are enrolled, they will receive a $1,000, four-year renewable Jewell Alumni Referral Scholarship.
How does the Jewell Alumni Referral Program work?
High school students may be referred through March 15 before the fall of their entry year if they are referred before they have been admitted. They must confirm their attendance by May 1 to be eligible for the referral scholarship. If you are referring a student who has already applied, please do so immediately. We have a rolling admission process, and starting in October, admittance decisions are made a few weeks after applications are received.
High school students may be referred by a Jewell alumnus, member of Jewell's Board of Trustees or a current Jewell staff member (excluding Office of Admission staff and current faculty).
- If a legacy student is referred, the Heritage Scholarship will be applied in place of the Jewell Alumni Referral Scholarship.
- More than one person may refer the same student, though the award will not increase.
- You may refer multiple students.
- To comply with NCAA rules, student-athletes are not eligible for the referral scholarship; however, our generous athletic scholarships and other aid packages make a Jewell education affordable.
Jewell will notify the students you refer and provide them with details about the scholarship and our admission process. We encourage you to reach out to your referrals as well. Let them know about the transformative experience awaiting them at William Jewell and encourage them to visit campus and complete an application.
Jewell M.S.Ed. Referral Program
You know great teachers:
- They work long hours in and outside of the classroom to provide the best instruction possible.
- They continuously learn from colleagues, EDCamp, professional development and conferences.
- They constantly improve their teaching because they want their students to learn more.
- They are passionate about student growth.
- Their students love them.
If you know this teacher, please refer them to Jewell’s Master of Science in Education - Differentiated Instruction program. The teacher will receive a 10% discount in the M.S.Ed. program upon enrollment. Graduate students build on their experience to acquire new ways of thinking about teaching and learning so that they can immediately apply new strategies while they are researching the effects of their teaching on student learning. M.S.Ed. graduates tell us that they are better able to meet the vast range of student needs and promote more growth for more students after program completion.
Who is eligible for Jewell's M.S.Ed. in Differentiated Instruction program?
- Certified educators employed in a school with an assigned classroom.
- Must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college with an overall grade point average of or greater than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Educators who want to research their own teaching to better implement differentiated instruction.
- Critical thinkers who continuously reflect on and change their teaching practice for the benefit of their students’ learning.
The full list of admission requirements for the program can be found at jewell.edu/M.S.Ed.
How does the M.S.Ed. Referral Program work?
Jewell alumni can refer any qualified educator who is not already enrolled at Jewell. The referral can be made up to the day before the start of classes in May 2019 and is contingent upon full enrollment. Alumni may refer more than one person to the M.S.Ed. program.
Jewell Nursing Accelerated Track Referral Program
Do you know someone who would make an excellent Accelerated Track Nursing student? When accelerated track students you refer are enrolled, they will receive a $2,500 reduction of tuition and fees applied evenly over their program. Let them know about the transformative experience awaiting them at William Jewell and encourage them to visit campus and complete an application.
Who can participate?
Any Nursing Traditional or AT alumnus may refer an accelerated student. The alumnus may not be a William Jewell College faculty or staff member or a family member of a College employee.
How does the Jewell Alumni Referral Program work?
Refer a student who wants to be a compassionate and critical thinking Jewell nurse. A nursing alumnus completes a recommendation letter for an accelerated track nursing applicant prior to interview. The full list of admission requirements for the program can be found on the Nursing Accelerated Track web page.
Tuition reduction is contingent upon full enrollment. Alumni may refer more than one person to the AT program.