Construction has started for The Link Project, a transformation of physical space providing dynamic and rich experiences for all people who live or work on campus or visit The Hill.
The Link Project
Construction is Underway!
Construction on The Link Project began in June 2023 with the project being completed in two phases. Phase one includes the new Ascent Road, The Grove, the Hillside Terraces, the east side of the Art Walk, two new parking lots, the Amphitheater Stadium and underground infrastructure and utilities to create the pad-ready site for the Carlene Basore Chrisman Center. Phase two of the project includes construction of the Carlene Basore Chrisman Center.
About the project
The Link is a necessary capital improvement impacting the William Jewell experience from the moment of arrival on campus. The Project incorporates five main elements:
- Ascent Road: A new entrance road and access improvements
- The Grove: A tree-lined walkway and campus arrival point
- Carlene Basore Chrisman Center: A multipurpose building featuring academic studio and classrooms, fitness, athletic and social spaces. Read about the Chrisman family and legacy of Jewell's first female athlete.
- Hillside Terraces and Kemper Art Walk: Outdoor spaces for recreation, conversation and culture
- Amphitheater Stadium: Stadium seating set into the hillside and a new press box
With increased construction costs, inflation and supply chain demands, the project increased to $30 million, $10 million more than our original projections. Phasing the project allows us to continue raising the final dollars needed to complete the project while moving forward with construction.
“We are grateful for the academic rigor we experienced at Jewell and the opportunities it provided us. The richness of the student journey, both learning and living, is the foundation for one’s success in college. The In Pursuit campaign allows the College to transform physical spaces into dynamic and rich experiences for students, alumni, faculty, and staff, and for visitors to The Hill. As alumni and donors, we are thrilled to serve as honorary co-chairs for The Link Project to help carry out Jewell’s vision of providing a space where students can connect with each other, and their individual health and wellness. We hope you will join us!”Wanda and Dan O'Dell